Friday, August 25, 2006

What Were We Thinking?


We decided to go to the Zoo this evening for a special Family Fun Night that they were offering to the Zoo Members. It was actually a little cooler today at 98 degrees, but after driving around the parking lot for 20 minutes I actually considered heading home. Of course that was out of the question since Emmalyn had talked about seeing the animills (animals) all the way there. We were also meeting the other families that were in our birthing class when we were pregnant with Emma. I guess I should say when I was pregnant... It is amazing to see our children playing together when we all knew each other when they were in utero. It really clues you in to how fast time flies by! So we saw the flamingos, tortise, baby hippo, a lioness (which I had never seen before, leading me to believe that we really didn't have lions at our zoo), and took a break in the air conditioned gorilla house. All and all we had fun, which is especially amazing since I really don't like the Zoo (if you have been to one you have been to all of them). What you will do for your kids...

1 comment:

the Tyrant said...

Aw! Bet Emma liked the alligators best, she's a tough gal like that :-P