Thursday, August 24, 2006

District 83 Has Spoken...

And so the campaign ends. Unfortunately my candidate lost by 234 votes to one of the slimiest guys I think I have ever had the privilege of meeting. My heart sank Tuesday night as we counted the votes and waited for the largest precinct results to be called into the Watch Party. Unless more people voted in Precinct #415 this time than they did in the Primary, we were not going to make it. Of course we all know that voter turn out decreases in run-offs. We came up short! The really sad thing is that Todd and I moved into the District back in July and now have to be represented by who we so warmly nicknamed McDandy (his real name is Randy McDaniel). It makes me sick to my stomach! I think that it would be best for me to sit out of politics for the next few years... ok maybe a few months! ;-) Needless to say the signature on my email will be changing from Campaign Manager to Mother of Two!

On a happier note, I have joined the faculty at a small Private School here in the area. The name of the school is Providence Hall and I will be teaching 7th grade Latin. Fun times!!! Apparently Dr. Farris will be visiting the school in about a week and a half.

2 comments:

the Tyrant said...

Sorry to hear about that ;( I hope the new teaching gig works out well - none of us would expect you to slow down or anything - you continue to amaze us all!!!! We miss you guys!

DcD said...

Congrats on the teaching job. With David Hill behind the scenes, there will be plenty of money to help the school succeed. =)