Thursday, January 04, 2007

And the 2nd Child Makes His Desires Known!

Emmalyn says, "Can we get a donut this morning?" I thought hmmm, why not? So we got dressed (Emmalyn was so excited that she dressed herself in about 2 seconds) and bundled up and headed to Krispy Kreme. After viewing the donut making process and receiving our complimentary sugary treats, we headed to the glass case to choose our donuts. As I was talking through each donut with Emmalyn (she chose the one with sparkles or as we might say sprinkles), I felt my hand jerk. I was shocked and helpless, as I did not have any hands free, to watch Blake shove a handful of glazed donut into his mouth and smile. Of course there was no stopping there. Once we got settled at a table Blake protested loud and long enough that I gave him some more small pieces to eat. He was happy as a clam and laughed and laughed while Emmalyn entertained him running around the table singing.

So it is true that you become more lax with the second child whether you intend to or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah! donuts! so glad he is a fellow krispy kreme lover.