Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Bug Guy...

...or so we call him came to our home this morning. As many of you may know I can not stand bugs and if I find one, a big one, in my house I have been known to put a bowl over it (which is sometimes more than I can handle) and then leave the house for the rest of the day. Bugs just are not my thing. Therefore we have the pest control people come out every month. We have had the same guy coming to our house for more than half of Emmalyn's little life and in the past she has always followed him around the house watching him spray the baseboards. Not so today! She totally flipped out and expressed to me, in between her insistent pleas to be held, that she was afraid that the "bug" guy was going to spray her. And so I am reminded how in the life of a two year old anything can change in a matter of seconds. For someone who is not incredibly flexible, somewhat flexible, but not incredibly, the constant change in my daughter's life is almost too much to handle sometimes! ;-) However, as many of you who are parents can attest to, when you see that look of panic and fear in your child's eyes you just want to sweep them up and hold them close in hopes of alleviating any uncertainities that they might have. So, I did the dishes and started a load of laundry with Emmalyn hanging on me for dear life. All in a day's work!

No comments: